This site was designed so that you may order your course materials or get course materials information for classes taught by Black Hills State University. Course materials orders are delivered to home or off campus addresses (shipping fee applies) or can be picked up at the BHSU Bookstore's Spearfish or Rapid City location. A photo ID is required to pick up orders at the store.
WE HAVE ADDED OUR JACKET SMART PAY!
1. Student Credit. BHSU students can charge up to $600 to your account and pay the student accounts/cashiering office via check/cash or pay online via Web Advisor (for students) or SDePay for parents. Payment for charges is due end of day on the last day to drop/add classes without penalty. University payment terms apply. Not all students will be eligible. Unpaid bills will be turned over for collection. Student will be responsible for any additional fees.
2. You will need a credit card with an expiration date of June 2018 or later as security for textbook rentals.
- Be aware that the site will be updated daily as we receive new orders from faculty and shipments from publishers. Please note that because course materials information can change at any time (faculty changes, publisher upgrades, cancelled classes, etc) we are not responsible for information used on this site for the purchase of books from other locations. Students purchasing materials on this site are protected under Black Hills State University Bookstore's Return Policies.
- Important Rental Information. If you choose to rent books, the books will have a special rental barcode. DO NOT remove this barcode. You will be asked to confirm your willingness to abide with the rental terms. A valid credit card number will be required. Any rental books not returned will be charged to the card, including replacement cost and service charge. If card is not valid, the fees will be charged to the student's account or turned over for collection. Additional fees will be the responsibility of the student.
- Web orders require 2 business days to process. We will do our best to process your order within 1 business day, but please note that during the first week of each semester, additional time may be needed. Temporary "out of stocks" may also affect processing time.
- Used Versus New: When selecting the type of book that you want please note that if you select 'Used' when buying/renting your text, if there are no used texts available when we pick your order, we will substitute a new book at the new price. Note that this will mean paying the new price rather than the used price for your books. The increase will be reflected on your final sales receipt.
- UPS Shipments: Orders for items that are in stock take 2 working days to process and should arrive at your home within 2-5 working days of date of shipment if you live in South Dakota or an adjacent state. Residents in these states should not select 2nd day shipping; most orders will reach you within 2 days of shipment. If we are out of stock on an item you order, we will notify you by email and hold your order until more stock arrives. If there are several items on your order, you will be provided the opportunity to split your order at no additional shipping cost or wait for all the items to arrive.
- When you click the 'place your order' button, we'll send you an e-mail message acknowledging receipt of your order. Your contract to purchase an item will not be complete until we send you an e-mail notifying you that the item has been shipped. Your credit card will not be charged until the order is shipped.
- You will be required to create an account when you place your first order. We will not sell or give your information to other parties that are not directly related to filling your order or unless required to do so by law. See our Privacy Information section for more information.
Online Order Cancellations: Once an online order is processed you cannot cancel the order. You will be permitted to return the books under our returns policy, but shipping will not be refunded.
Once you have finished shopping, please proceed to the shopping basket to complete the transaction. If the website has not given you a transaction number, the transaction is not complete.
The refund deadline for your online purchase of course materials will be stamped on your receipt. Please be aware of this date. Click 'customer service' below for a detailed explanation.
Call us at 605-642-6636 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
By clicking "I Agree", you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and AGREE TO this information.